The Chronicle

The Student News Site of Springfield Township High School

The Chronicle

The Chronicle

Unified Bocce Competes at Regionals

Picture courtesy of Unified Bocce.

After an amazing season, the Unified Bocce team went to regionals. The team included Evan Freiman, Nathan Gazzara, Adam DiBattista, Jocelyn Davis, Emily Briggs, Sarah Roebuck, Declan Spring, and Anthony Staniszewski. Although the team did not win, it was still a season to remember.

For the head coach, Mrs. Kelly the main goal of coaching the team is, “definitely fun, I want everyone to have a good time while they’re there.” She helped make the practices enjoyable with games like dodgeball, a team favorite.

She also says, “It was great to see both teams do as well as they did because it added to the fun.”  Some of the best moments for Mrs. Kelly were when, “one of the kids would make a great shot out of the blue.” She goes on to say, “those little moments are like  surprise miracles.”  

While other sports are more competitive and “against your opponent.” Bocce was all about sportsmanship and inclusion for everyone. The matches against other teams were filled with applause for both teams and cheering on each other. As Mrs. Kelly says, “It is an amazing experience to coach the team and watch the players and athletes.”