The Chronicle

The Student News Site of Springfield Township High School

The Chronicle

The Chronicle

Student Parking

Student+Parking

Parking should be the last of students’ worries when going to school. However, towards the end of nearly every school year, parking becomes a significant issue among students, resulting in many drivers walking into homeroom late. The growing number of student drivers, especially recently licensed sophomores, has led to a decrease in spots and a resulting increase in stress about finding a parking space.

Parking Availability

STHS Overflow lot

There’s a solution if you’re ever driving around the main student parking lot and unable to locate an open spot. Rather than parking in the teacher’s lot near the lower house, drive around the school to the overflow lot by Springfield’s tennis courts. Here, spots will be available for those arriving later in the morning. Parking in student-specified areas allows the administrative team to keep track of students and provides more space with less stress.

Parking Permit – What is it?

Springfield Township High School’s administrative team frequently emphasizes the importance of a parking permit to students. Assistant Principal Mr. LaRocco states that “a parking permit is important for security reasons, so the school knows what vehicles should be on the property,” adding it “makes identifying a car easier when someone leaves their lights on or their car running.” Many of the students who obtained their permits appreciate how it ensures they always have a space to park each day.

For more information about parking, please go to the main office, or speak to Mr. LaRocco.