The Chronicle

The Student News Site of Springfield Township High School

The Chronicle

The Chronicle

The Last of Senior’s Days

As the Class of 2024’s days come to an end, there are plenty of activities and things for seniors to still look forward to. 

A tradition at Springfield for as long as most students can remember is posting student commitments on the Retina Yearbook Instagram (@retinayearbook).

Students send in their future plans, whether that be in the military, workforce, or college/university, and Retina makes a special post for each student.  

Sarah Herczeg, an editor for Retina, said that the “group had a great time making the format for all the postings. It was a really fun creative process, and we think all the posts turned out really well.”

Commitment postings, courtesy of the Retina Instagram It’s a tradition for Retina to begin posting around mid-April through May as commitments trickle through before and around most deadlines on May 1st. Charlotte Drapkin, an editor for Retina, says that she thinks the postings are “a great way to celebrate all our accomplishments. It really helps to bring the class together in our final days.” 

Ashley Kim, a senior, noted that “for the first time in many of our lives, we won’t be attending Springfield so it’s really cool to see how everyone scatters because we are really scattering across the country.”

With students heading as far as Hawaii or Florida and so many states in between, truly the Class of 2024 will be together no more. 

Additionally, as part of the submission process for students heading to university, students included the degree program they were interested in pursuing which added an interesting dimension as “you could really see how the various activities and classes someone participated in over the past few years led to their interest and potential career” Ashley Kim said. 

Marli de Andrade, a sophomore, emphasized how interesting it was seeing the senior commitments, saying that “it’s really cool because once you see all these different possibilities for life after Springfield, you can kind of visualize what you will be doing in a few years.”

With the countdown to graduation coming to an end, the Class of 2024 is so thankful for all the support from students and staff that made their last few weeks of high school so memorable.