Face to Face

Face to Face is an organization in Germantown dedicated to fighting off the root causes of poverty. 

Several service-based groups at Springfield like Voices of Excellence, Tri-M, and Interact periodically volunteer there. 

When Springfield students volunteer, Becky Messa, Volunteer Coordinator at Face to Face, reports that they mainly help “in our kitchen and dining room areas” helping with “meal preparation or meal serving.” Additionally, volunteers have helped outside of the facilities by collecting toiletries and making sandwich bags for our guests. She adds that groups have also performed in the dining room.

No day at Face to Face is the same and Messa reports that the group is infinitely grateful for how willing students are to help in any way possible and that their flexibility helps the nonprofit as work “is often different day-to-day.” 

Our Township’s motto is to “educate and develop all students as learners and citizens who are high-achieving, resilient and responsible in a changing global community.” Volunteering at this deserving foundation, not only makes an enormous difference for staff and guests but benefits the community as a whole. It’s volunteering like this that fulfills the township’s goal and enriches the township. 

Messa agrees that “there are so many bonuses to volunteering” as it can “[broaden] perspectives” when students invest themselves in the organization they’re helping. By “learning about the guests they serve and the mission/the “why” of the non-profit, and hopefully sharing the knowledge gained” a student can really have a positive impact on the community around them.